Monday, October 30, 2006

 

I Thought I Was On The Do Not Call List

There I was. Minding my own business. Trying to decompress from three pretty tough weeks in a row. And the phone rang.

Rrriiinng!

OK, it was more of a Beee-eeep-eeep-eeep.

TFMCD answered. "Honey, it's for you. Caller ID says it's The President."

Cool, bring it on over. I'd love to talk to her!

"No, not that president. The President. As in George Bush."

I'm not here.

He left a message. TFMCD "accidentally" pushed the delete button without even listening to it, and W was gone for good.

That seems to be the trend these days. We've been registered Republicans for decades. Ronald Reagan made us Republicans. George W. Bush is about to make us Independents.

Eight days out from election day, and I can't find "None of the above" on my sample ballot.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?