Monday, October 16, 2006

 

God Grant Me Serenity

I don't usually write about movies, at least not lately, because to do so is, well.....boring. But I'll make an exception today, because this one was so unique and engaging.

My friend Rock told me a while back I should check out a sci-fi series called Firefly, telling me she thought I would like it.

Yeah, right. (Makes masturbation gesture to signify a waste of time and effort.)

I don't really care for science-fiction. It's OK, just not really my genre. But then my Tivo stumbled across a movie called Serenity. Turns out Serenity is a movie spinoff of the aforementioned Firefly series. What the hell? Might as well take a quick look.

Man, was I glad I did. For once, here is a smart, witty, character-driven sci-fi flick that treats the viewer with intelligence. It doesn't see the need to spoon feed the plot to you, moving from act to act and allowing you fill in the obvious blanks on your own. Throw in the film's stunning visuals, and you got yourself a pretty cool way to spend a couple hours.

Now, I feel like have to see those Firefly episodes. Too much TV, not enough time.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?