Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

Shut Up And Sing

Just when I thought I'd heard all the idiotic political drivel that celebrities could spout off, I learned today that I'm far, far from it. For today, I learned that Barbra Streisand, in an effort to quiet a heckler at a NYC concert, told him to "shut the fuck up." Ordinarily, I have little sympathy for hecklers. They disrupt the show and my enjoyment of it in nearly all cases. But when the celebrity starts the shit, by blathering about politics when we paid $200+ to hear them sing, then it is the so-called artist who should "shut the fuck up." That's not what we paid for, dumbass. Some of us showed up at the concert in an effort to actually escape all that hogwash.

How about maybe writing a book about your useless political thoughts and ideas, or showing up on Larry King Live or Real Time With Bill Maher? Then, those of us who don't care what you think can avoid buying the book or can change channels. We're paying your salary, so shut up and sing.

Streisand's explanation? "The artist's role is to disturb."

What? Did she really say that? Unbelievable. I'd like to see some polling stats on those who attend Streisand concerts.

Please choose the most correct response:

I paid $250 for tonight's show so that I could:

1) Be entertained
2) Enjoy an evening with friends
3) Relax with a musical stroll down memory lane
4) Be disturbed


Look, I don't even necessarily disagree with Barbra Streisand. I just find her enormously annoying. How many of us would be fired if we subjected our customers to our political views, day in and day out?

We should never have attacked Iraq. It's time to get the hell out of there and let the chips fall where they may. Bush is a lousy president with a woefully inept administration.

What? You say that's not what you came to my blog to read about? Then heckle me. Maybe then I'll shut the fuck up.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?