Thursday, October 20, 2005

 

*&^%$ HURRICANE*(&^%$#@!!WILMA!!!

For years, it's been a dream of mine and The Fetching Mrs Crime Dog's to drive down A1A to that one particular harbor known as Key West. I want to watch the sun set into the ocean from Mallory Square with my Tin Cup Chalice in my hand, filled with good red wine.

It's always been too far, too expensive, too time consuming, we have other obligations, Hawaii is cheaper, pick your excuse, blah, blah, blah. But this year, we decided to go for it. Eric The Cheap Bastard pushed me over the edge at a pre-concert party in April. The time was right, and I'd had just enough tequila to make a quality decision:

Meeting of The Minds Or Bust!!
We're going, come Hell or high water!!


We booked MOTM, then hooked up with The Cheap Bastard and the lovely Annette on a condo. Airline reservations were made, rental car was all set, what could possibly go wrong?

That ugly bitch Wilma is what could possibly go wrong. We got both Hell and high water. No or to it. I can't believe this shit!

What's God up to? First he annihilates Bourbon Street, and now He has Duval Street planted right in the middle of His crosshairs. What's next? A toxic gas leak for Las Vegas? Hollywood sliding into the Pacific? How long will it take the television preachers with bad hair and dimples to jump dead in the middle of that little sign of the times? Maybe they already did, for all I know. I don't waste my time listening to the likes of judgmental assholes like Pat Robertson.

I talked to The Cheap Bastard earlier today and asked him what they were going to do. "I don't know," he said, "our plans are up in the air." Hardy har har.

What's an old Parrothead to do? We'll figure something out, I suppose. If Florida is out, we'll catch a plane to San Francisco, or maybe Mexico. At least we're only potentially missing out on a real cool vacation to Key West. Those folks who live down there have their very homes, lives and livelihoods in danger.

I have an idea......stay with me on this.....how about every living soul from Brownsville to Seattle agrees to turn on their vacuum cleaners simultaneously and point the hoses east at a pre-arranged time Friday? Would that help pull Wilma to the west so it hits Mexico? California and Utah already suck, so the added vacuum should be enough.

How's 3:00PM MST sound? Let's synchronize our watches. Don't let us down. The Parrotheads and fine folks of the Florida Keys are counting on you.

Oh, and use your crevice tools.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?