Sunday, February 20, 2005

 

And On A More Serious Note........


This is my America, and I'm proud of it.

My phriend over at American Parrothead in Canada must have had a bad day yesterday, and he posted a blog that I found to be very insulting to me as an American. I'm all for verbally smacking political leaders, and poking good-natured fun at one another's culture or foibles, but this was just plain vicious. At any rate, I posted a comment asking him to remove the link from his blog to mine, in the event that this type of anti-American rant is a regular feature of his, and I will do the same. Feel free to go over there and check it out yourself. Maybe you agree with American Parrothead, maybe you don't. It's up to you.

I wish American Parrothead the very best in his quest to become a Canadian citizen, as he truly seems to hate the United States of America. I don't care one way or the other, as that is not what my blog is all about. I don't care if he smacks us Americans around a little, either. God knows we deserve it sometimes. But I also have the right to disassociate myself and my blog from that sort of venomous, hurtful, and offensive rant.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?