Thursday, September 11, 2008

 

Proof Once Again That The Apocalypse Is Upon Us


And coming in at #63......aaaargh.....

I saw a web article today that informed me that the most popular Biilboard single of all time is Chubby Checker's The Twist. That's cool. Everybody loves that song, it's catchy, fun, and infinitely danceable.

Believe it or not, Santana's Smooth with Rob Thomas comes in at #2. That's even better. Carlos is undeniably cool, and arguably the most talented guitarist of our generation. Even his restaurant is cool.

Bobby Darin comes in at 3rd with Mack the Knife. Hell, even Buffett performed that one.

But then it gets weird. Leann Rimes has the 4th most popular Billboard single of all time with something called How Do I Live. I think I know that one, and it's a sappy song, but what the hell? At least Leann Rimes can sing her ass off.

But now I have to draw a line in the sand. The #5 most popular Billboard song of all time is...are you sitting down? Take another swig off your beer bottle, get a good deep cleansing breath, try to be strong, because it's......Macarena. Wait a minute....urrrk.....sorry. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

It gets worse before it gets better. The #6 and #7 spots are occupied, respectively, but Olivia Newton John's Physical and Debbie Boone's You Light Up My Life. Excuse me.....

::Crime Dog runs to bathroom, finishes throwing up, brushes teeth and comes back::

At least sanity returns at #8 with Hey Jude.

If you want to take a little walk down memory lane, just stop on by the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Songs. One of The Crime Dog's all-time favorite videos is there at #52. Bet you can't guess why it's one of The Crime Dog's all-time favorite videos.

NOTE: If you are going over to the Billboard site to see where Margaritaville came in....don't bother. I imagine a helluva lot more people sing along with Margaritaville than with Andy Gibb's Shadow Dancing (#42), but what the hell do I know?

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?