Monday, September 01, 2008

 

Sail On, Eric


I'd like nothing more today than to be able to write about all the good times at this past weekend's Parrot Grande. It was a great event with lots of friends, short stories, and long laughs. Maybe I will later. But the gravity of the loss we all suffered just before PG has begun to crowd in on me since arriving home. I saw Eric everyhere at the Francisco. He was on the 8th floor, making one of his endless cracks or laughing at another's. He was out on the lawn, rolling out of that stupid collapsible chair. He was out by the pool in his ever-present cap and sunglasses, enjoying the music he loved so much. As I was heading out the conference center doors for the last time this morning, there he was again, with Annette, busily setting up and handling registration.

I'd love to be able to go back to Key West this year, but it isn't in the stars. There I know I would see him again, as in these pictures we took a few trips back. I want just one more block party, or just one more beer at The Green Parrot with my friend.

Sail on Eric/CB/Catnip. You are so missed already.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?