Friday, September 08, 2006

 

And A Side Note To Part 2......

TFMCD and I were decorating our balcony Friday afternoon, attempting fruitlessly to make it look like a volcano. Turns out it didn't really matter, since you could barely see the damned thing from the ground, anyway.

There seems to be a flaw in the design of the Francisco's balcony railings. The very top rail is inside the rest of the railing by about 8" or so. I found this out while decorating, when I got up from a squat postion while tying down my volcano to the bottom of the railing. My head drove into that stupid top rail at the speed of smell.

Kong!

I uttered a few choice words and phrases while doing the "Shit! That Hurts!" dance for a couple of seconds, before finally realizing that blood was running down my forehead. TFMCD provided the tender loving care, the blood flow was staunched, and it was back to work. I finished tying off the volcano and stood up.

Kong!

*&^%$#!!!!!!

At least this time there was no skin breakage and resultant bloodletting. Just pain.

Moments later, as we were wrapping up our little foray into volcano-making, TFMCD was plugging in the lights. She bent over, plugged them in, stood up and....yep, you guessed it.....

Kong!

Once again, no laceration, no blood, no foul. Just pain.

You'd think we'd get the hang of this after a while, wouldn't you?

No way it could get worse, right?

Stay tuned.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?