Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

Happy Birthday To Me

Growing older, but not up! That's my philosophy on life. To that end, I took the day off and spent the morning relaxing on the couch playing my guitar. I sang as loudly and as off-key as I was able, and just let the stress roll off. I'm 51 today, and I don't feel a day over.....well, 51.

But now, it's time get some final things together, pack up the car, and head south to Parrot Grande. I'm in charge of the golf tournament this year, and it promises to be a good one with about 60 golfers. We have quite the warehouse of stuff to raffle off or just give away, great foursomes (GOLF foursomes! Get your mind outta the gutter!), dinners, trinkets, clubs, bags, you name it. My good phriend Lushes The Pimp Daddy even came up with a "Hawaiian foot wedge" to give away for the cause. Looks like a 3-iron with toes. It's all in the interest of "partying with a purpose," and that's what we'll be doing all weekend. We're going to have a fantastic time, and hand off a fat check to the West Valley Child Crisis Center when it's all over with and the dust settles.

So, see you next week! Keep your powder dry, your stick on the ice, your eyes open, and the beer cold!

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?