Thursday, June 02, 2005

 

We Have A Winner.......

Wow! That was fast. Guess I should have made it harder. Whatever the case, it looks like "Anonymous" was the first person to correctly name "El Capitan" as the 10,000 foot summit behind me. I'm sure Baboon Pirates' El Capitan himself is quite honored to have a mountain - in fact, an entire range and a town - named for him. Yes, it is the home of the original, bonafide Smokey The Bear. No, it's not where some fucking UFO crashed. It's just down the road from Lincoln, home of Billy The Kid, the Lincoln County War, etc etc, but if you saw Young Guns or any of the other countless movies on that topic, you probably know as much as I do.

So, "Anonymous" could be heading off to Gila Bend on my dime, clutching a beer koozie, but I don't know who it is. But then, if "Anonymous" really wanted to go to Gila Bend, I'm guessing he/she would have provided his/her name.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?