Sunday, May 17, 2009

 

I Dig This Place

Margaritaville promotion, Buffett show, grandkid's birthdays....my feet haven't stopped moving for DAYS. But who's to complain? These are some of the things that make life enjoyable.

TFMCD and I turned the whole Margaritaville promotion/Buffett concert thing into a getaway. Took Thursday and Friday off, snagged a room at the Marriott Renaissance, and just stayed over. Let me tell, you, that place has some service.

We left our car with the valet Wednesday night, and Thursday morning around 6:30AM, I realized my phone was still in it. I called downstairs, told the valet my problem, and within five minute he was at the door, my phone in hand.

It gets better.

After the Margaritaville promotion, we headed back to the hotel for a little power nap. As I passed the front desk, I asked the attendant there if they could send a fan up to our room. No problem with the A/C, I explained, we just like more air circulation than most folks. The attendant said she was not sure if they had any, but would do what she could.

After a quick nap, we headed back over towards Margaritaville. A valet, whom I have no recollection of ever having met, saw me at the door and told me he had a fan for me, but would have to put it together. I thanked him, and was wondering how he even knew the heck I was.

When we returned to our room that afternoon, a large floor fan was awaiting us, ready for action. Impressive.

But it still gets better.

As we were leaving for the concert, the valet asked me how the fan worked out. I thanked him and told him it was great. He then told me they didn't have any in the hotel, so he had gone to the store, purchased one, assembled it, and took it up to our room.

Any question where we'll be staying every time we decide to hang out overnight on the west side?

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?