Monday, May 19, 2008

 

That'll Be $10.00 Please, Mr. Goldberg



Ladybug had her 8th birthday party Saturday at a at a roller skating rink in Mesa, and TFMCD and I had a good laugh over their ridiculous promotional offer. I'm tempted to run back up there tonight just to see how this works. I'm imagining a preacher by the door, an organ softly playing Just As I Am, a makeshift baptismal font off to the side.

Two, please.

"Have you turned your life over to Jesus?"

What? I just came to skate.

"Great! But if give your soul to Jesus, you can skate for free!"

I'd rather just pay, if it's all the same to you.

"Well, all right. It's your soul that's in danger of hell fire, not mine. Ten dollars, please. Next!"

Four, please.

"Have you turned your life over to...ummm....is that a Star of David necklace?"

Why, yes, it is.

"Twenty dollars, please. Next!"

Hi! I'm Elder Young, and this is Elder Smith, and....

"Keep walkin', pal."

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?