Tuesday, May 20, 2008

 

And A Final Word On Your Tax Dollars

Unruly Julie commented yesterday that if I used electronic deposit, I would have already had my rebate. Interestingly enough, it turns out nothing could be further from the truth. I have used direct deposit and e-filing for several years now, and this year was no different. There is a ridiculously high, oppressive, confiscatory fee for e-filing with Turbo Tax. That fee can be paid outright, or it cn be deducted from your refund. I chose the latter for convenience sake. We got an email from Turbo Tax last week, explaining that choosing that option, for some idiotic reason, has caused the IRS to issue checks instead of direct deposits.

Once again, when you put the village idiot in charge of the whole freaking country, you have to expect all the stupidity shit to roll downhill.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?