Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

A Dearth Of Posting

Been a bit of a posting dearth lately in the ol' Crime Dog latitude of the Blogosphere. I've been getting hammered with work crap and, well, sometimes I just got nuthin'. It's one of those weeks.

Last night, TFMCD, Bo, I met up with my fetching niece from the Utah branch of the family. Of course, that's TFMCD's side of the family tree. My side has only one branch and can't find Utah on a map if you spot 'em Nevada and Colorado. Anyway, we sat in with her on a seminar where a very sharp and affable fellow from Louisiana told us of a program whereby he claimed we can pay off the remaining 28 years or so of our current mortgage in something like 12 years. Being The Crime Dog, my initial reaction was bullshit, followed closely on its heels by yawning skepticism, which soon gave way to what the......and then on to the Are you shitting me? This looks like it can actually work phase, and finally ending up with Why the hell isn't EVERYBODY doing this?

Actually, I never would have showed up at the seminar if not for the fact that I was asked by my lovely niece, and it's my nephew's company that developed the program and put on the seminar. Now, I'm glad I attended.


The Crime Dog is a chaser of con artists, not a mortgage broker or a realtor, but this thing just intrigued the hell out of me. I'm going to go again next time they come to town, and see if I can wrap my brain around it a little more. Let me know if that sort of thing interests you, and maybe together we can figger it out.

I was a little wobbly on my feet last night anyway, due to chasing all over Phoenix in yesterday's heat and getting a wee bit dehydrated. Take whatever the ambient temperature is at any time, then add 10 or 12 degrees, and you get the temperature in most salvage yards and the back lots of body shops, where I spend a good deal of my time. Then factor in that most of that time is spent inside a non-running vehicle performing various forensic exams and tests, and you can add another 30 degrees. That is some brain-baking heat, which when you think about it, might actually explain a lot in my case.

And that brings me to the question of the day: What are the chances that someone would steal your locked and anti-theft equipped car while leaving absolutely no sign of forced entry or lock system compromise, then drive it around a while, sideswiping and damaging both sides of the car, afterwards returning it to the same parking space from which they stole it before you ever even knew it was gone? Has that happened to you? Am I the only person who has trouble with that scenario?

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?