Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

Things I Learned From Google Earth

If you haven't tried Google Earth, you should. It's the coolest thing on the Internet, aside from my Blog, of course. Admittedly, I'm a sucker for maps, geography, cartography, GPS, all that crap. I can spend hours just flipping through an atlas. I know, I know, you don't have to say it: That pushes my geek factor right up there with Cheesehead and her breathless anticipation of the next Harry Potter book or flick. At least I never read any of those dumb books, and I fell asleep during the first movie, so never bothered trying to watch another. But I digress.

After hours of testing, navigating, and exploring, I've learned a lot about my planet, amazing things I never knew before, like:

1) Some places on earth are much blurrier than others for some reason.
2) The altitude from which my house becomes completely indistinguishable is about 5 miles.
3) Kurt Warner's Paradise Valley house is much cooler than either Stevie Nicks' or Mike Tyson's.
4) If you draw a straight line from the roof of my brother's house in Texas to the roof of mine in Arizona, the line runs right through the middle of our childhood hometown.
5) You can zoom in as much as you want on Shangri La Ranch, but you can't see any naked people.

That's pretty much it. I'm not sure Google Earth has anything left to offer me at this point, but I'll keep looking.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?