Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

And The Saga Continues...

I didn't know until Cheap Bastard pointed it out.

I swear I didn't know.

Clueless. Not the foggiest notion that Jack Johnson recorded a cover of A Pirate Looks At 40.

Had I known, maybe I could have done something about it. Perhaps I could have spoken out, maybe organized one of those rallies where I could steamroll all my Jack Johnson albums. Or should I say album, singular. I bought one a couple years back, listened to it once in the car, and nearly fell asleep at the wheel. I think I think I ended up leaving it in TFMCD's car. I don't know what happened to it after that.

I listened to a clip of the song at Amazon, and it's actually a decent cover. Boring as hell, but decent. And in fairness, Jimmy does occasionally cover a Jack Johnson tune in concert. Legend has it that Bubba didn't even know about the cover until his 13-year-old daughter played it for him. She probably had it on her iPod, wedged in between "The Backstreet Boys" and Brittany Spears.

All right, Jimmy. It might be too late to stop Jack Johnson, but at least you can change the last line of Manana from "Anita Bryant" to "John Mayer."

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?