Thursday, June 22, 2006

 

I Fart In Soccer's General Direction

I saw on Yahoo that the "Top Downloaded World Cup Songs" are:

1) The Time of Our Lives by Il Divo

2) Boom by Anastacia

3) Hips Don't Lie by Shakira

4) The Cup of Life by Ricky Martin

This makes me feel old, because I'm only vaguely familiar with a couple of these artists, and have never even heard of the songs. But I was wondering....Why these four? Aren't there more appropriate selections? Isn't there a song entitled "Soccer Sucks"? Or maybe "We Got Our Asses Kicked By Ghana"? Somewhere out there, there just has to be a song called "We Don"t Give A Shit", or "America Has A Team?"

I didn't notice whether any of the U.S. Team's games were on network TV or not. I'm guessing "not," though. How could it hope to compete with the Game Show Marathon on Channel 13, or maybe it was the Magnum PI reruns on 27 that kept soccer off the air. It could also have been that big cubic zirconia blowout sale on the Home Shopping Network that did 'em in.

Whoever or whatever it was, all I can say is.....Thank You.

  |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?